For Aaron's birthday this year, I conspired with his folks to take him away for a long weekend. He had his actual birthday off from work, so with Bob and Deanne's help, I planned a surprise weekend at their place in the mountains a couple of hours away. It was a lot of work to make all the arrangements, pack for all three of us, buy and hide and pack food for 4 days, and then pack the car without Aaron finding out! But Von and I did it, and it wasn't until we got to Canon City that I finally told Aaron he could look in the backseat (to see all the luggage), and then I told him what we were doing--he actually had to drive from there because I wasn't sure how to get there. :) Anyway, here are the pictures. We had a wonderful, fun, and relaxing weekend, although we did come home a day early because Von wasn't sleeping well, so he was out of whack. Thanks to Bob and Deanne for the use of Deanne's folks' place and their help in making sure we had heat and water!
The first full day we spent relaxing, watching movies, and hiking. The second day we spent in Salida shopping, wandering galleries, eating, and drinking coffee. And going to their Christmas tree display! The restaurant we went to is called Laughing Ladies. We went there about a year ago. It's run by a husband and wife chef team, and the food is amazing. Salida is the last place you'd expect to find gourmet food like this, but it is so so so SO good, and we loved it just as much as we remembered from last year. I actually liked it more because I wasn't on the verge of throwing up and I was able to finish my meal. :) Anyway...
 |
| Getting ready to go for a hike! |
 |
| On our hike! |
 |
| Still hiking. |
 |
| Yes, those are empty water bottles. He loves to play with them, crinkling them and chewing on them. |
 |
| Teeth!! You can see his nubbin teeth!! |
 |
| Squealing, his newest trick! |
 |
| Squealing in the coffee shop. |
Simply a joy to look at and read! Only wish Von could have settled so you could have stayed longer! Love you all!
ReplyDeleteYour weekend looks like it was a wonderful success. Way to go and plan it all and STILL keep it a surprise! Wahooey! And Von is just the oojaboojiest 9 mo old! Love the little nubbins. And the video where you're trying to get shots of his teeth is hilarious. :) Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, LOVE all the pics, the videos, hearing him talk, squeal, and see all those smiles!!! I LOVE that baby and cannot wait to squeeze him and kiss him!!! Thanks for posting these. Love you!
ReplyDelete